Marine Science Camp
Tabor Academy's Marine Science Camp
The goal of the Tabor Academy Marine Science Camp is to immerse students in an ocean environment for the purpose of exploration, education, and the development of global responsibility. Explore the opportunity of our unparalleled marine biology summer camp for high school students. Week 1 will focus on ‘marine biology’ and week 2 on ‘oceanography and marine technology’. Each week, the lessons, labs, and field trips will be different, as they will focus on the theme of the week.
Budding Marine Scientists Enjoy:
- Developing research projects using the high-tech research equipment under the guidance of our experienced marine science instructors.
- Observing the inhabitants of a multitude of habitats with snorkel, mask, and fins.
- Catching and identifying local marine life by harmless capture methods.
- Practicing chemical and physical sampling techniques to learn about the health of our ocean.
- Performing chemical and physical sampling techniques to identify the health of our ocean.
- Navigating local marshes, estuaries, and harbors, paddling in a kayak.
Typical Camp SchedulE:
8:00 AM: Camper Arrival
9:00 AM: Wet Lab
10:00 AM: Specimen Collection
11:00 AM: Micro-Habitat Set-up
12:00 PM: Lunch
1:00 PM: Kayaking
2:00 PM: Lesson of the Day
3:00 PM: Research
5:00 PM: Camper Pick-up
- Day Program for Students Entering Grades 8-12
- Program runs Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Saturday 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM (noon)
2024 Program Details
- Week 1: July 29 - August 3
- Week 2: August 5 - August 10
- $950 per week
- Use of Tabor Academy's state-of-the-art Marine and Nautical Science (MANS) Center.
- Instruction from passionate and experienced marine science instructors.
- Access to dynamic ocean habitats including a whale watch on Stellwagen Bank.
- Field excursions to Woods Hole and other locations on Cape Cod.
- Kayaking in the local marshes and estuaries.
- Fishing the deep waters off the coast.