ABOUT THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Tabor Academy strives to limit the information we collect to that which we require to safeguard the school and our community, maximize students’ educational and residential experience at Tabor, communicate with our community, and keep our community connected with each other. We also collect information to manage our business effectively, including information required for billing and soliciting donations from our constituents to further our non-profit mission. We endeavor to only collect information that we believe is reasonably necessary to achieve the purpose for which the information is collected.
The information you provide to us and the information we need to process varies depending on your relationship to the school and the school-related activities in which you are involved. You may choose to provide personal information directly to us, such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, date of birth, credit/debit card number, and other information, as specified below, for purposes of:
- Subscribing to school communications or Tabor-curated news.
- Applying to, enrolling in and attending our school, summer camps, and other school-sponsored activities and programs, which may include providing us with your biographical information, family information, education history and qualifications.
- Accessing our “myTA” portal.
- Complying with a financial obligation to Tabor, such as paying tuition and fees.
- Maintaining alumni connections with the community.
- Making a donation to Tabor.
- Registering to attend or volunteer at Tabor-sponsored events and activities.
- Responding to a job posting, applying to and working at Tabor, which may include providing us with your biographical information, employment history and qualifications.
- Renting or requesting permission to use Tabor’s facilities.
- Submitting an inquiry, question or request.
- Providing feedback to us.
Our system may also collect information automatically about website users, including IP addresses, browser types, mobile device information and geolocation, as well as how our site is being used, the pages visited and the search terms entered.
If you choose not to provide information to us, we may not be able to provide you with the requested information or services.
Pixel tags (which are also called clear GIFs, web beacons, or pixels) are snippets of code or tiny images embedded on websites and in email that help us learn how you interact with our website and emails. We may use pixel tags to help us identify how your device is being used to interact with Tabor Academy content, or to direct advertising to you based on your displayed interest through pages visited on our site.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information from you as appropriate for the activities with which you are connected to the school. Consistent with such engagement, we may use personal information for the following specific purposes:
- To provide information about our programs and services.
- To evaluate applicants for admission to Tabor.
- To enter into an enrollment contract for our school, summer camp, or other school-sponsored activities and programs.
- To communicate with our students and their families about all student-related matters and to otherwise support our students while enrolled at Tabor.
- To help connect our community members with each other.
- To track individual and aggregate data as required by applicable law.
- To communicate school news, events, and fundraising opportunities.
- To solicit volunteers and donations.
- To process payment for a donation or financial obligation to Tabor.
- To promote our school’s work and mission, and to recruit exceptional candidates for admission.
- To evaluate candidates for employment at Tabor.
- To pay employees and manage or comply with Tabor’s obligations as an employer.
- To respond to an inquiry, question, or request submitted to the school.
- For other reasons, with your consent.
Please note that we may use or disclose personal informationif we reasonably believe that doing so is necessary to protect the rights and safety of Tabor Academy, its community, or others; to prevent fraud or abuse; to comply with an law enforcement investigation, a judicial or regulatory proceeding, or a court order, or an applicable legal requirement.
Third Party Service Providers
Accessing, Updating, And Retaining Information
You may request that we modify, hide, or delete personal information that you have provided to us by emailing us at email@example.com
. If you have a “myTA” account, certain information can be modified, hidden, updated, or removed directly by you through your “myTA” profile.
We retain personal information only as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which that information was collected, for the time period required by law, or as long as is necessary for our legitimate business purposes.
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. When we collect or transmit sensitive information, such as a credit or debit card number, we use industry standard methods to protect that information. Credit and debit card information is used solely for the purpose of completing a specific transaction and such information is not retained in our database. We also protect account information by storing it on a secure portion of our site that is only accessible by authorized individuals.
Unfortunately, no website, database, or system is completely secure. While Tabor strives to protect your information, we cannot guarantee security. You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
European Union Residents
Tabor will process data only (1) with your consent; (2) to perform a contract between you and the school; (3) to comply with a legal obligation; (4) where it is necessary to protect someone’s life; (5) to perform a task in the public interest; or (6) where Tabor has a legitimate interest to do so, balancing this interest against your interests and fundamental rights. If you reside in a European Union member state, you may exercise your Personal Data rights under GDPR by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Specifically, you may have the following rights subject to the exceptions allowed by law:
COMMUNICATIONS FROM US
- To access your information.
- To rectify or update your information.
- To erase your information, subject to our need to retain certain information for legal or other purposes.
- To receive a copy of your information.
- To object to or restrict processing of your information.
If at any time you wish to adjust or limit the ways in which Tabor contacts you, you may contact us at email@example.com
. If you are a Tabor community member with a “myTA” account, you can manage your communication preferences under your Profile > Settings > Notifications.
If you wish to stop receiving volunteer or solicitation communications, or communications relating to alumni activities, please inform us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes To This Policy
Effective: May 1, 2019
Last Updated: May 1, 2019