Welcome to the 2020-2021 School Year
This guide is provided to help you ease into Life at Tabor as new students and families. The menu links will share suggestions and information, as well as tasks that require your attention. We hope it is helpful.
We are excited to welcome our first wave of students back to Tabor on August 29! To reduce the density of students and families on campus each of our arrival days, we have set three days in August for student returns, bringing our newest students back first so they can become oriented to the campus facilities prior to the arrival of returning students. More details will follow regarding the orientation schedule, arrival times for both day and boarding students, and plans for families while here on campus.
To reduce the density of students and families on campus each of our arrival days, we have set three days in August for student returns:
- August 29: All 9th graders, Boarding Proctors arrive
- August 30: New 10th and 11th graders, All 12th graders arrive
- August 31: Returning 10th and 11th graders arrive
In addition, we have altered our calendar slightly to allow for the above stated student arrivals, to limit travel between Thanksgiving and December winter breaks, and to maximize our time on campus should we be required to close campus due to an outbreak in the late fall/winter. Below are the major calendar dates in place at this time and with the current information we have:
- August 29: First wave of students arrive. Students may not arrive to Tabor prior to this date. We expect that all students will begin a quarantine period 14 days prior to their scheduled return date. We prefer that students quarantine in the state of Massachusetts where possible. However, if this is not possible, we expect that students adhere to quarantine guidelines at their homes just before returning to Tabor. Upon arrival, we will be screening students and expect full transparency regarding illness, exposure and recent travel. Any student that is sick or has had an exposure to someone with COVID-19 within the last 14 days should not return to campus at this time.
- November 20: Thanksgiving break begins after a student’s final commitment. Thanksgiving break will take place November 21-30. We will then begin Online Distance Learning on December 1 and continue in that modality through December 18.
- January 5: Students begin to arrive back to campus. The Task Force is considering a staggered return to campus after the holiday break. We will be finalizing this decision in the upcoming two weeks and will communicate the details in our next letter to families.
- March Break: Dates have not yet been determined
- June 3: Prize Day, Baccalaureate
- June 4: Commencement
In the meantime:Parents
: Please be sure to check The Compass
, our e-newsletter, for up to date reminders, news, and events. This is the main communication vehicle for parents. It is sent every other Tuesday via email over the summer. An archive of The Compass
can be found on the Communications Tile on the Resources page when you log in to our website.Students
: If you haven't yet, please set up and monitor your Tabor email and tech accounts
for announcements from your class dean, advisor, or teachers about important events and school news. This is our main way to reach you! Your parents can look up details to get you connected when they log on and navigate to the "Using My TA" resource board on our website.We look forward to staying in touch and seeing you soon!