It is our intention to have each of our students experience the world through another set of eyes, whether here at Tabor or though one of our many options to study or serve abroad.
- Rysensteen Gymnasium, Copenhagen, Denmark: one-week academic exchange with home stay
- RDFZ Xishan School, Beijing, China: one-week home stay, with class visits and cultural immersion
- Drama Exchange with Ellesmere College, UK: We share a dramatic performance and attend classes while living in the dorms
Cultural and Language Trips
- French/Italian culture and language trips: Rennes, France; Quebec City, Canada; Rome/Florence, Italy
- The Shattuck Travel Grant provides funding for any program of interest
- The Idemitsu Grant supports a month-long summer study in Tokyo through CIEE Global Navigator.
Trimester or Year Study Away Options
- School Year Abroad: an independent organization which welcomes Tabor students to spend a semester or year at one of their campuses in China, Italy, or Spain.
- RDFZ Xishan School trimester exchange: offered to one junior each fall to study for a trimester at Tabor’s partner school in Beijing through their English-based AP curriculum
- The Island School: a marine science program for one semester in the Bahamas
Global Service Trips:
Summer service trips take 30 students abroad to learn from and contribute to communities far from our campus. We have built houses, wells and bridges, taught English, helped rehab sick elephants, and enjoyed local food and cultures along the way. The aim is always an experience that reaches across different languages, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Dominican Republic
- Vietnam (2019)
- Where will you go?
REEF: Environmental Service Learning
Tabor's Research Environmental Education Focus (R.E.E.F.) Program: Join a unique adventure to help monitor and save the endangered coral reefs in the British and American Virgin Islands. In these locales, we use our schooner Tabor Boy as our research vessel and home. We are beginning a new land-based option at Gerace Research Centre in the Bahamas in 2019 to expand our reach and impact. Read more.
Tabor has also sent student researchers to the Galapagos Islands, Ecuador and, this year, to Costa Rica to explore.