Marine Science Camp
Tabor Academy's Marine Science Camp
The goal of the Tabor Academy Marine Science Camp is to immerse students in an ocean environment for the purpose of exploration, education, and the development of global responsibility. Explore the opportunity of our unparalleled marine biology summer camp for high school students.
- Day Program for Students Entering Grades 8-12
- Choose 1 or 2 Weeks of Camp
- Program runs Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Saturday 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM (noon)
- Week 1: July 24-29
- Week 2: July 31-August 05
- $840 per week
Budding Marine Scientists Enjoy:
- Developing research projects using the high-tech research equipment under the guidance of our experienced marine science instructors.
- Observing the inhabitants of a multitude of habitats with snorkel, mask, and fins.
- Catching and identifying local marine life by harmless capture methods.
- Practicing chemical and physical sampling techniques to learn about the health of our ocean.
- Performing chemical and physical sampling techniques to identify the health of our ocean.
- Navigating local marshes, estuaries, and harbors, paddling in a kayak.
- Use of Tabor Academy's state-of-the-art Marine and Nautical Science (MANS) Center.
- Instruction from passionate and experienced marine science instructors.
- Access to dynamic ocean habitats including a whale watch on Stellwagen Bank.
- Field excursions to Woods Hole and other locations on Cape Cod.
- Kayaking in the local marshes and estuaries.
- Fishing the deep waters off the coast.
8:00 AM: Camper Arrival
9:00 AM: Wet-lab
10:00 AM: Specimen Collection
11:00 AM: Micro-Habitat Set-up
12:00 PM: Lunch
1:00 PM: Kayaking
2:00 PM: Lesson of the Day
3:00 PM: Research
5:00 PM: Camper Pick-up