Weekends at Tabor
Weekends at Tabor are a Blast!
Planned by the student activities committee and promoted at All-School Meeting on Tuesdays, weekend activities are attended enthusiastically and equally by boarding and day students alike. Most events are free, and if what you want to do isn’t offered, go to the Student Activities Committee and make it happen!
Typical weekend activities may include:
- Theatre or music performances in Boston or Providence
- College Athletics at Brown, Providence & Boston College
- Open Mic Nights
- Restaurant Trips
- Baking or Cooking Challenges
- 3v3 Basketball
- Faculty game nights
- Pizza with Mr. Becker
- Dodgeball Tournaments
- Hypnotist Show
- Movie Marathons
- Paint Dance
- Food Trucks on the Waterfront
- Kool Kone & Mini Golf
- Fan Buses to away games
- Gaga Ball
- Silvershell Beach
- Mystery Trips
- Fire Pits & Bonfires
- Open Waterfront, Art & Gym
- Carabiner’s Indoor Rock Climbing Gym
- Sky Zone Trampoline Park
- Stock up on supplies at Target in Wareham Crossing
- Bus trips to Providence and Boston, and sometimes NYC
- Mountain biking with Seawolf Cycling and more...
Whether you prefer large social gatherings or quiet studio time in Braitmayer, you’ll look forward to weekends at Tabor!
Tabor weekends offer a variety of activities and that’s what I love. If you stay on campus, you can hang out with friends in the Beebe while listening to music, watch a screening of a movie in the squash courts, or even go ice skating in the Tabor ice rink (even if you have never skated before!)... One of my favorite weekend trips is the Mystery Ride where you have no idea where you are going but it usually ends up being the best time ever. Going to restaurants is a great way to enjoy time with friends and make memories. Taking advantage of the weekend activities is a great way to relax and have some fun during weekends at Tabor.
Angela battiata '19 Lawrence, MA