Caring for Our Seawolves
On Campus Resources
At Tabor, the safety, health, and wellbeing of our entire community is of paramount importance. To support the wide needs of our on-campus community, we have several resources available including:
- Full-service Health Center—staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week during the academic year
- 24-hour, year-round security detail
- 24-hour Administrators on Duty during the academic year
- Full-time school counselors and a School Physician
- Full-time athletic trainers
- Director of Student Wellness
- Director of Diversity, Equity, and Belonging
- Ample external partners to support the wide range of needs of our community
In addition, we have a variety of student and faculty groups that meet regularly to address the on-going needs of our Seawolves, ranging from academic-focused councils to crisis response teams.
Campus Emergency Notifications
To keep our on-campus community informed of time-sensitive emergency information, Tabor works to send emergency notifications via email and emergency text messages. Emergency notifications are also logged on the school website’s Emergency Notices webpage, and when appropriate, emergency banners may be added to the website. To ensure you are registered for emergency notifications, check your myTA profile for accurate contact information. Questions about on-campus emergencies may be directed to Security at 508-326-9600. To contact someone about updating your contact information, email email@example.com.
Crisis Intervention and Investigations
Tabor works to provide a safe and welcoming community for all its constituents. However, there are times when students may need to discuss concerning matters with a trusted member of the Tabor community. To better facilitate this outreach, Tabor has created a Crisis Intervention Hotline that can be used to submit a note, question, or concern to the Head of School. If an individual seeks support beyond the Head of School, additional resources are available below.
Tabor also acknowledges there has been historical misconduct and has sent communication to the Tabor community in August 2022 and again in July 2023 addressing these distressing matters. Copies of the communications and supporting documentation can be accessed online here. We encourage any member of our community who has information about employee misconduct or abuse to share that information with us so that we can promptly take appropriate action as needed including notifying authorities, investigating, providing support, and communicating with our community.
For immediate crisis intervention, general information, and resources:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)
- Crisis Text Line (free 24/7 crisis support via text message for any type of crisis): Text HELLO to 741741
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (1-800-799-7233)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA): 1-800-662-HELP (1-800-662-4357)
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI): 1-800-950-NAMI (1-800-950-6264)
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network): Contact the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 800.656.HOPE (4673), RAINN Chat Hotline or visit the RAINN website
- STESA (Standing Together to End Sexual Assault): Access STESA’s crisis hotline at 805-564-3696 or visit their website.
To speak with someone at Tabor about concerns or to report employee misconduct at Tabor Academy, please contact one of the following individuals.
Crisis Response Hotline: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of School Tony Jaccaci at email@example.com
- T&M USA Investigator Julie Freudenheim at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to contact law enforcement regarding employee misconduct at Tabor, you may contact: