It is our intention to have each of our students experience the world through another set of eyes, whether here at Tabor or through one of our many options to study or serve abroad. Our programming described below reflects our full offerings from 2018-19. We hope to re-introduce these programs in 2020-21, health conditions permitting.
- Rysensteen Gymnasium, Copenhagen, Denmark: one-week academic exchange with homestay, class visits, and cultural immersion
- RDFZ Xishan School, Beijing, China: one-week academic exchange with homestay, class visits, and cultural immersion
- Drama Exchange with Ellesmere College, UK: We share a dramatic performance and attend classes while living in the dorms for one week
Cultural and Language Trips
- French/Spanish culture and language trips: Rennes, France; Quebec City, Canada; Madrid, Spain
- The Shattuck Travel Grant provides funding for any language or cultural program of interest
- The Idemitsu Grant supports a month-long summer study in Japan through CIEE Global Navigator.
- Henley Royal Regatta (Crew) on years we qualify
Study Abroad Programs
- School Year Abroad: an independent organization which welcomes Tabor students to spend a semester or year at one of their campuses in China, Italy, France, or Spain.
- RDFZ Xishan School trimester exchange: offered to one junior each fall to study for a trimester at Tabor’s partner school in Beijing through their English-based AP curriculum
- The Island School: a marine science program for one semester in the Bahamas
Global Service Trips:
Summer service trips take 30 students abroad to learn from and contribute to communities far from our campus. We have built houses, wells, and bridges, taught English, helped rehab sick elephants, and enjoyed local food and cultures along the way. The aim is always an experience that reaches across different languages, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Dominican Republic
- Where will you go?
REEF: Environmental Service Learning
Tabor's Research Environmental Education Focus (R.E.E.F.) Program: Join a unique adventure to help monitor and save the endangered coral reefs in the Bahamas where we have recently started a land-based research project at Gerace Research Centre. We are building, year by year, a coral nursery in hopes of "outcropping" healthy coral to repopulate the reefs. Read more.
Tabor has also sent student researchers to the Galapagos Islands, Ecuador and, this past summer, to Costa Rica to explore their local ecology.