Ambitious and Adventurous
Applied learning has been the Tabor way since our earliest days when students hand-built plywood “batter boats” and raced them like legends. Fast-forward several decades later, we are still all about crafting agile thinkers who thrive on tweaking, refining, and improving their learning through iteration and collaboration.
Are you ready? Dive into our curriculum, no holds barred. Arts, engineering, sciences—you name, we have it. Apply your knowledge and develop your skills across the myriad learning and leadership experiences. With your team of ambitious go-getter peers and faculty mentors who have your back, you’ll discover more potential than you imagined. It’s time to push yourself farther than you imagined and make waves!
Navigating Your Academic Life at Tabor
- The student-advisor-parent relationship is the cornerstone of the Tabor experience.
- Regular faculty office hours, academic coaching through our ASSIST Center, and peer-to-peer support encourage and empower our students to become self-advocates as they navigate Tabor’s academic world.
- The professional staff in College Counseling give Tabor students a tremendous advantage in the college admissions process.
The Academic Year at Tabor is organized into three trimesters:
- Fall: September through Thanksgiving Break
- Winter: After Thanksgiving to Spring Break
- Spring: After Spring Break to Commencement
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday:
- Classes and Meetings: 8:30 AM-3:15 PM
- Four 75-minute class blocks
- Community Time (9:45-10:30 AM)
- Common Time (1:30-2:00 PM)
- Athletics & Co-curriculars: 3:45-5:30 PM
Wednesday – Game Day:
- Classes: 8:30 AM-12:30 PM
- Four 60-minute class blocks
- Athletics & Co-curriculars: times vary depending on competition/practices
Tabor Academy is part of the Independent School League. To allow our students adequate time for co-curricular programs—including athletics practices, games and "away game" travel—Wednesdays are half days of classes.