Tabor follows a seven-day rotating academic schedule, starting at 8:30 AM, with seven possible class blocks. On Wednesdays, classes end at 12:30 PM, and the afternoon is reserved for co-curricular activities.
In addition to class blocks, our academic schedule also includes designated community time for events such as:
- Chapel (Monday) - Chapel is a place for students and faculty to gather together and share experiences. Typically, a member of the senior class will present on something important to them and speak about how it helped shape who they are.
- Advisory and Community Life Programming (alternating Tuesdays)
- All School Meeting (Thursday) - During All School Meeting, we gather together for announcements and/or special events like guest speakers or performances from the community.
- Open Block (Friday) - Open block allows designated time for student clubs to meet
- Common Time (Daily except Wednesday) - Common Time is dedicated to providing students with opportunities to meet with teachers for extra help
On Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, the academic day begins at 8:30 AM and ends at 3:15 PM. These days consist of four 75-minute class blocks, community time, lunch (the dining hall operates two distinct lunch blocks, with students assigned a lunch time based on their third block class), and Common Time. However, students are seldom done for the day after their last class, as our co-curricular activities typically run from 3:45 to 5:30 PM.
Tabor Academy is part of the Independent School League. To allow our students adequate time for co-curricular programs—including athletics practices, games and "away game" travel—Wednesday classes consist of four 60-minute blocks, running from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM. After classes, students have plenty of time to eat lunch, prepare, and participate in games or practice.
We are organized by three trimesters:
- Fall: September through Thanksgiving Break
- Winter: After Thanksgiving to Spring Break
- Spring: After Spring Break to Commencement