Be Ambitious and Adventurous
Applied learning has been the Tabor way since our earliest days when students hand-built plywood “batter boats” to race against each other for fun and sport. Decades later, we are still developing agile thinkers who can reflect and continuously improve their learning through iteration and collaboration.
Test yourself, apply your knowledge and develop your skills across the curriculum through the arts, mathematics, humanities, engineering, sciences, leadership experiences and more. Ambitious peers and faculty mentors will inspire and support you to dig deeper and go further than even you thought possible.
Tabor Academics by the Numbers
- 172 courses offered
- 48 Honors, Advanced, and Post Advanced Level Classes
- 12-14 students per class, on average
- Trimester system
- 75-minute class periods
- 4 periods per day
Our wide breadth of offerings gives students at every level opportunity to explore their interests, understand their strengths, and develop their thinking and communication skills across the curriculum.
With 75-minute class periods, we have time to dive deeply into topics, hone our skills, debate, discuss, experiment, and reflect on our learning together. We use course content as the vehicle to our students' skill development. With time to reflect and make connections between disciplines and topics, student engagement increases.
Mentors for Success
The adults on our campus inspire our students to explore their interests and develop their passions, to stretch their capabilities and test their skills. As coaches, dorm parents, and academic and club advisors, our dedicated faculty are always here to encourage students to develop their minds and characters and reach for higher standards across campus life.
Research Informed Teaching Practice
We believe in fostering a growth mindset, for our students and our teachers, as we seek to learn together the most effective classroom practices. Through an ongoing partnership with the Center for Transformative Teaching and Learning, the Tabor faculty are growing together. We seek to understand and employ research-informed strategies from the world of Mind-Brain-Education science in our lesson design.
Navigating your Academic Life at Tabor
- The student-advisor-parent relationship is the cornerstone of the Tabor experience.
- Regular faculty office hours, academic coaching through our ASSIST Center, and peer-to-peer support encourage and empower our students to become self-advocates as they navigate Tabor’s academic world.
- The professional staff in College Counseling give Tabor students a tremendous advantage in the college admissions process.
Guiding Core Values
The core values of our mission statement guide intellectual life at Tabor.
- To inspire a life-long love of learning
- To instill a passion for the highest standards of achievement
- To encourage personal responsibility
- To foster care for others and committed citizenship
"The more time goes by, the more I appreciate having gone to Tabor. It was the best thing that could have happened to me and I am forever grateful that life gave me the opportunity. I am still in touch with many people from high school - more people than from college, actually. I credit Tabor with the independent thinking and broader worldview that I developed."
-Andy Roque '06