October 5, 2020
Dear Tabor Community Members,
Since our last update to you on August 14, our Team has made good progress with the Head of School Search.
We completed our Position and Candidate Specification that clearly articulates what we see as the ideal profile for a Tabor Head of School. Our Position and Candidate Specification was built by listening and gathering input from a wide cross section of our community. We had:
4 Meetings with Faculty
- 2 Meetings with Alumni
- 2 Meetings with Parents
- 1 Meeting with Staff
- 1 Meeting with Student Leaders
- 401 Online Surveys Completed
- Numerous Meetings with Trustees, Emeritus and Leadership
- Valuable input through our email at Taborhead@spencerstuart.com
In each of our meetings, we asked:
- What is distinctive about Tabor?
- What are the opportunities and challenges facing the next Head of School?
- What experiences, background, characteristics and attributes could you encourage the Search Committee to seek in the next Head of School?
- What advice do you have for the Search Committee?
We are greatly appreciative to those who have been able to participate and continue to look forward to hearing from those who have not. We also continue to welcome your comments, feedback, and nominations.
We are also pleased to report that the marketplace reaction to this opportunity has been extremely positive and the reputation of our school is very strong. Our community will be kept apprised of our progress.