People interested in a faculty appointment at Tabor should contact Richard Roller, Assistant Head of School. Mr. Roller can be reached by phone at (508) 748-2000 or by mail at Tabor Academy, Marion, MA 02738. When submitting credentials, candidates should include a cover letter and current resume. In addition to introducing themselves, a candidates cover letter should discuss his/her current professional situation, reasons for applying to Tabor, and immediate goals. Credentials should be mailed to Mr. Roller. Tabor's hiring cycle normally begins in late January or early February and concludes by early May.
Position Available: Director of Library Services
Date Posted: March 27, 2014
Date Available: July 1, 2014
Department: Hayden Library
Contact Information: Resumes and cover letters should be emailed to: Rich Roller, Assistant Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Summary: Tabor Academy seeks an energetic, innovative, full-time Director of Library Services who
will plan, administer, and implement a library program that is aligned with the school’s mission. The director collaborates with faculty to incorporate digital literacy and research skills into the curriculum. As information specialist, the library director encourages students to be independent, confident, and ethical users of information. The responsibilities for this administrative position include, but are not limited to, managing personnel and facilities, maintaining a collection appropriate to the curriculum, and ensuring that the community can access library resources at point of need.
Qualifications: An ALA accredited MLS or MLIS degree; a minimum of three years of library experience; facility in the use of current technologies, Mac and Windows operating systems, MS Office and iWork suites; excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
As a member of the Tabor faculty, the director will attend faculty meetings, and participate in the life of the school including possible committee work. In addition, the candidate will:
- Have an unabashed enthusiasm, creativity and passion for and thorough knowledge of his/her area.
- Be an empathetic and charismatic leader who knows, cares for, challenges, and supports the students with whom s/he works.
- Is a facilitator and director. S/he must know how to challenge students to problem solve and make personal discoveries. Excellent teachers know how to step aside, allowing the student to stumble, struggle, and learn to resolve.
- Model the high standards of professionalism s/he expects students to develop—organization, rigor, clarity, promptness, effectiveness, respect, and kindness.
- Maintain a perspective that allows him/herself to take the work and the students seriously without taking him/herself too seriously.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Rich Roller via email at email@example.com or mail to Rich Roller, Tabor Academy, 66 Spring Street, Marion, MA 02738.
Tabor Academy is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability and any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Applications for plant positions are available at the Plant Office. There are no positions open at this time.